We're into the third day of this CMCO (conditional control movement order) now, and for those of you who are still moving around going to work and back, these updates of road closures and roadblocks might be of some interest to you.
Unsurprisingly, the Petaling Jaya district police have decided to reopen road closures at Persiaran Mahogani (Section 9), Persiaran Jati (Section 8) and Persiaran Sungai Buloh which has caused significant congestions around the surrounding areas.
In a statement that was issued late two nights ago (14 October), OCPD ACP Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal said that the purpose of reopening these roads was to redeploy personnel for duties elsewhere but more importantly, to ease traffic congestion in the area.
To close roads under a partial movement control order seemed a bit extreme and we're glad that they have ended it at these locations. This is especially so when the government has decided to allow workers to continue going to their workplace, so it felt just a bit unplanned and not well thought out.
The decision to reopen those roads will surely be welcoming news to those who need to use it to get to work and back and we're glad actions are being taken to rectify problems caused by these road closures.
Although these road closures near Kota Damansara have been lifted, do not expect any less police presence as 93 police roadblocks have been put in place around the Klang Valley. These include 66 in Selangor and 28 in Kuala Lumpur.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani said "We will check and improve on certain areas if the need arises." according to a report made by The Star.
Considering that the Deputy General and company are working hard to make things more efficient is good news. We also suspect that they had no time to prepare for the CMCO as it was suddenly announced and was not properly planned.
*Cover image credit Jude Ignatius Lazaroo
List of road closure and roadblocks
Road Closure (Klang)
- Jalan Meru to Jalan Kempas
- Bukit Raja
- Jalan Tengku Kelana
- Jambatan Raja Muda Nala
- Jambatan Musaeddin
- Jalan Sultan Ismail (in front of Sungai Wang Plaza)
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- Jalan Ampang
- Jalan Duta & Sg Besi toll plaza
- Jalan Syed Putra
- Jalan Genting Klang
- Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2)
- Persiaran Utara second exit leading to Kajang
- Persiaran Utara third exit to Puchong
- Lebuh Sentosa near the National Cancer Institute heading towards the Maju Expressway (MEX)
- Persiaran Selatan heading towards Dengkil
- Puchong Batu 14 toll plaza
- LDP – PJS 7 toll plaza
- ELITE toll plaza
- NPE (near to SS12)
- Seafield toll plaza
- Jalan Bangi – Nilai
- Road heading towards Plaza Tol Badar Seri Putra
- In front of Balai Polis Beranang
- Jalan Broga
- Tanjung Malim toll plaza
- Lembah Beringin toll plaza
- Sungai Buaya toll plaza
- Bukit Beruntung toll plaza
- KM79 Jalan Ipoh – KL city
- KM60 Kuala Kubu Bharu – Fraser’s Hill
- Gohtong Jaya heading towards Batang Kali checkpoint
- KM 3 Sungai Duyong – Jalan Ulu Yam
- KM33 Tanjung Malim – Sungai Besar
- Petron Station in front of Bukit Raja Aeon
- Batu 8, Jalan Meru Tambahan
- Kapar Batu 10
- Persiaran Kota
- Batu 2, Jalan Langat
- Jalan Dato’ Mohd Sidin
We will update the page as we get more information regarding the roadblock locations.