Citroen’s premium spin-off sub-brand DS has made its official entry into Malaysia with the official launching of the all-new DS5 D-segment flagship. The vehicle is devoid of any Citroen badging to establish the DS brand’s standalone identity.
A 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine equips the DS5 with 163hp and 240Nm, which it deploys to the front wheels through a 6-speed automatic transmission. This setup gives the DS5 a claimed fuel consumption of 5.9 litres/100km and CO2 emissions of 135 g/km.
This sole 1.6 Turbo variant of the DS5 is priced at RM198,888 on-the-road with insurance.
In a segment typically populated by conservatively-styled sedans, the DS5 carries a more adventurous hatchback profile. A noteworthy design feature is the distinctive chromed blades that sweep backwards from the headlights along the edge of the front bonnet.
Key features available in the DS5 are as follows:
- Auto xenon headlights, LED daytime running lights
- Side mirror-mounted signal lights
- Auto wipers
- Touchscreen infotainment with phone mirror link
- Denon Hi-Fi Audio: 6 speakers, subwoofer in boot
- USB, iPod, Bluetooth connectivity
- Dual zone air-conditioning
- Heads-up display
- Keyless entry, engine start button
- Electric front seat adjustment with memory
- Parking sensors: front and rear
- Electronic parking brake
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 6 airbags
- ABS, EBD, Brake Assist
- Electronic stability control
The DS5 is offered with a selection of five exterior colours – Artense Grey, Noir Perla Nera, Bleu Encre, Pearl White, and Whisper Purple. Customers can also choose between two different cabin colours – Basalt black and Sand Beige.
Aftersales of the DS5 is covered by a 5-year / 120,000km warranty with 24-hour roadside assistance. Owners also get exclusive access to the Naza Sky Lounge at Subang Airport.