Naza Kia Malaysia, the official distributor of Kia vehicles in Malaysia has introduced the locally assembled version of the Grand Carnival.
Previously offered in three trim levels - 2.2D, 2.2 CRDI KX, and 2.2 CRDI EX, the Kia Grand Carnival CKD only comes in two variants now as the base 2.2D has been dropped.
While the KX variant is priced at RM161,192, the EX asks for RM180,668 (OTR without insurance), which is the same as before.
However, there have been a few feature upgrades such as the new eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system which replaces the outgoing 4.3-inch display, and the addition of Bluetooth connectivity with steering-mounted controls. The new system also supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
The Kia Grand Carnival CKD is also equipped with an Electro Chromic Rear View Mirror which automatically dims when headlights shine onto the mirror’s surface, Aeroblade wipers, as well as Tri-Zone Air conditioners (EX variant only).
Besides that, the list of standard features remains the same, comprising:
- 6 airbags
- ABS, EBD
- ISOFIX mounts
- Projector halogen headlights with LED DRLs
- Front and rear fog lights
- LED tail lights
- Power folding side mirrors with LED turn signal
- Supervision cluster 3.5" TFT OLED dislay
- 6 speakers
- Fabric upholstery
- Second row seats with 40:20:40 split folding
- Third row seats with 50:50 split folding
- Rear air vents for second and third row seats
- Remote key
- Manual sliding door
- Gas-lift tailgate
- Active Eco Function
- Speed-sensing auto door lock
- Impact-sensing auto door unlock
- 18-inch Clear Silver alloy wheels
The range-topping 2.2D EX on the other hand gets a few extras like:
- Black high glossy type front radiator grille with white chrome
- Roof rack
- Tri-zone automatic air-conditioning with Cluster Ionizer
- Leather upholstery
- 8 way power adjustable front driver seat
- Smart key system with push start button
- Power sliding doors
- Smart Power tailgate operation
- 18-inch Machine Finish alloy wheels
Powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that is paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox, the powertrain package produces 190 hp and a maximum torque of 440 Nm.
As for warranty, the Kia Grand Carnival CKD is comes with a five-year/unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty and the company’s ‘Value 5’ smart financing package.
Also, do check out our review of the Kia Grand Carnival CBU here.