Mercedes-Benz Malaysia continues to flesh out its W213 E-Class model range, with two variants of the E250 joining the existing E200 model that was officially launched in June. This introduction keeps MBM on its promised staggered roll-out schedule that will see the E300 arriving in November followed by a switch from the current CBU sourcing to local-assembly early next year.
Powering the E250 is the same 2.0-litre M274 turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine found in the E200, but tuned to higher outputs of 211hp and 350Nm. As with the E200, the E250 sends drive astern via Mercedes-Benz’s in-house 9G-Tronic 9-speed automatic transmission. The E300 will operate an even more aggressive version of this same setup pushing out 245hp and 370Nm.
Two trim variants are on offer for the E250. Both variants offer the same level of functional equipment but differentiated by their respective appearances.
- E250 Avantgarde: More dynamic appearance with large central star on sport radiator grille with dual horizontal louvres finished in matt iridium silver and chrome inserts. The car comes with 19-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels.
- E250 Exclusive: The classic E-Class appearance with the traditional three-louvre grille and bonnet-mounted three-pointed star. Upgraded bumper specific to this trim wears chrome trim elements to differentiate it from other trim lines. Priced RM5,000 higher than the E250 Avantgarde.
To recap from our earlier local launch story of the W213, E-Class range currently available in Malaysia offers the following equipment:
- Paddle Shifters
- Carplay and Android smartphone integration
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Aluminium cabin trim
- Heated front seats with lumbar support
- Double sun blind, electric rear window blind, roller sun blinds for both rear doors
- Park Pilot (autonomous side and reverse parking)
- Reverse camera
- Adaptive High Beam Assist
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic sunroof
- 360-degree camera
- Keyless entry
- Open pore black ash wood trim (Avantgarde)
- Brown high-gloss ash wood trim (Exclusive)
- Upper dashboard in Artico leather (Exclusive)
Prices of the fully-imported W213 E-Class range in Malaysia (OTR without Insurance, inclusive of GST) are as follows:
- E200 Avantgarde: RM395,888
- E250 Avantgarde: RM420,888
- E250 Exclusive: RM425,888