Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC), the authorised distributor of Ford vehicles in Malaysia lauched the new Ford Ranger earlier today.
A total of 9 variants will be available, with prices as mentioned below:
- Wildtrak (2 variants) - From RM134,888
- XLT+ (1 variant) - From RM124,888
- XLT (2 variants) - From RM109,888
- XL (3 variants) - From RM90,888
- Ranger Raptor - To be announced at KLIMS 2018
The much anticipated Ranger Raptor on the other hand will be launched at the upcoming Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS'18) in November.
This is also the first time SDAC is introducing the Ranger XLT+ variant in Malaysia.
There are three engine options - the new 2.0-litre Bi-Turbo diesel engine producing 213 PS and 500 Nm, a 2.0-litre single turbo diesel engine churning out 180 PS and 420 Nm, and the 2.2-litre duratorq diesel engine which makes 160 PS and 385 Nm of torque.
The 2.0-litre Bi-Turbo diesel engine will not only be powering the Ranger Raptor, but also the Wildtrak 4x4. The Wildtrak 4x2 gets the 2.0-litre single turbo engine.
Also offered for the first time is the 10-speed automatic gearbox in class. There is also a 6-speed manual transmission for some variants.
Powertrain aside, the new Ranger (Wildtrak 4x4) features many of Ford’s latest innovations which are first and only in-class such as:
- Pre-Collision Assist
- Vehicle and Pedestrian Detection
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Semi-Automatic Parallel Parking (SAPP)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Easy Lift Tailgate
Other key features include:
- HID headlights with LED DRLs and fog lamps
- A 230 V power socket
- Sync 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, AppLink
- 8-inch touch screen display with Bluetooth, GPS, voice recognition
- Hill Descent Control
- E-locking rear differential
- 6 airbags
- 800 mm water wading
- 4x4 Shift on the fly
- Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
While new exterior features include a new grille, a redesigned front bumper, LED DRLs, LED front fog lamps, and HID headlights, other new technology include keyless entry and push-start ignition, Sync 3 infotainment system with an 8.0-inch full colour touch screen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, navigation, and a 230 V power outlet.
Ford has also upgraded the suspension for improved ride and a reduction in body roll when the Ranger is carrying a load or towing.
Offered in 8 colours (3 new), the new Ranger is offered with a 2 years free maintenance or up to 40,000 km warranty for customers who register before 31st January 2019.
On top of that, the new Ranger also comes with an early bird offer where the first 888 customers will receive a voucher for electrical goods worth RM1,000 each. The offer ends either when the 888th registration is made, or at 31st December 2018.