Following yesterday’s scoop by Carlist.my, we now have the confirmed prices for the officially imported Toyota Harrier. Previously, the Harrier was only available from grey importers, and only in pre-facelift form with a naturally aspirated 2.0-litre Valvematic engine.
UMW Toyota Motor’s version is the newer facelift model, powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged. The official Malaysian market Toyota Harrier will be offered in two variants, both imported from Japan – 2.0T Premium (RM238,000 excluding insurance) and 2.0T Luxury (RM259,900 excluding insurance). The prices are very close to our initial estimate of about RM250,000.
The display model seen here is a mid-specs Singaporean market model, which sits between our Premium and Luxury variant. As such, some of the items seen here are not applicable to our fortchoming Malaysian market Toyota Harrier.
As mentioned in our earlier posts, UMW Toyota Motor’s Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre direct injected twin-scroll turbine turbocharged engine that produces 231 PS and 350 Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission driving the front wheels. No all-wheel drive or four-wheel drive variant is available.
Specifications have not been confirmed but based on preliminary information obtained by Carlist.my, the specs breakdown are as below:
Harrier 2.0T Premium (RM238,000 excluding insurance):
- LED headlamps with auto levelling, adaptive high beam, and LED cornering lights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED tail lights with sequential blinking turn signals
- Keyless Smart Entry
- Adaptive cruise control (Dynamic radar cruise control)
- Capacitive touch operated dual zone automatic air-conditioning with rear vents
- Ultrasuede (synthetic microfiber fabric) seats
- Power-operated 4-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Power adjusting steering column
- Seven airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (Vehicle Stability Control)
- Hill Start Assist
- Auto brake hold
- Electric parking brake
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- Toyota Safety Sense P (Pre-collision warning, Adaptive High Beam, Lane Departure Alert, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control)
The higher range Harrier 2.0T Luxury (RM259,900) adds the following:
- Power-operated boot with programmable opening height
- Panaromic sunroof
- NanoE air purifying function for the automatic air-conditioning
- Nappa leather seats
- Power-operated 8-way adjusting driver’s seat
- Power-operated 4-way adjusting front passenger seat
- Rain sensing automatic wipers
- Electrochromic auto dimming rear-view mirror
Note that the above are tentative specs. UMW Toyota Motor has yet to formally announce the Harrier's specifications.
Although prices have been confirmed, you won’t be able to check out the Harrier at your local Toyota showroom yet as the model will only be launched in the first quarter of 2018.
However you can start placing your bookings now. Deliveries are expected to begin in March 2018 onwards.
Like all models sold by UMW Toyota Motor, the Toyota Harrier is covered by a 5-year/unlimited mileage warranty.