Temporary Closure Of 18 Roads Surrounding Dataran Merdeka For National Day Prep WorkAuto News
Eighteen roads that surround Dataran Merdeka will be temporarily closed from August 25th, to Monday August 31st to accommodate Malaysia’s national day preparations and celebrations.
As The Sun Daily reports, city traffic police chief ACP Mohd Nadzri Hussain has issued advisories to the public that the roads will be closed each day for the duration from 6am, and expected to reopen in stages by noon each day.
"Only those on duty on National Day will be allowed to be stationed at Dataran Merdeka through Bulatan Dato Onn - Jalan Gereja and park their vehicles in the underground parking lot. They need to prepare appropriate car stickers to enter Dataran Merdeka," he said.
- Jalan Travers/Jalan Damansara (Muzium Negara); Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (Carcosa); Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (Muzium Negara ramp);
- Bulatan Hishamuddin/Jalan Lembah (Masjid Negara); Jalan Perdana/Jalan Lembah; Jalan Kinabalu/Bulatan Hishamuddin (Dayabumi); Jalan Kinabalu/Jalan Hishamuddin (Susur Bukit Aman);
- Jalan Lembah/Jalan Cenderasari; Leboh Pasar Besar/Jalan Hang Kasturi; Leboh Ampang/Jalan Tun Perak; Jalan Dang Wangi/Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman;
- Jalan Kuching/Bulatan Dato Onn; Jalan Kinabalu/Bulatan Dato Onn; Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka); Jalan Hishamuddin/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka);
- Jalan Parlimen/Bulatan Dato Onn (Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur); Jalan Dato Onn/Jalan Raja (Kelab Diraja Selangor) and Jalan Mahkamah Persekutuan.
There will be exceptions to this, however, as VIPs, ambassadors and those with official invitations will be allowed to access the publicly restricted areas during the closures. Additionally, buses will be allowed in certain areas to drop off and fetch participants near Dataran Merdeka, however only allowed to use designated routes. Drivers are required to obtain special permission from traffic officials.
"We will allow the buses to drop off participants at Dataran Merdeka until 7am, but after that participants will have to be dropped off outside the cordoned areas,"
"Forty officers will be on duty at Dataran during rehearsals and more than 70 officers will be working on National Day celebrations. Stern action will be taken, including issuing summonses, against individuals who park at the cordoned areas and obstruct traffic," he added.