UMW Toyota Motor has just announced that they have started order taking for the all-new Toyota Camry, effective 1st November 2018.
The all-new Toyota Camry is built on the proven TNGA platform, giving the model a low center of gravity, rigid body structure, responsive steering, and suspension set up. Speaking of suspension, the all-new Camry, codenamed XV70, gets double wishbone suspension setup at the rear.
For the Malaysian market, we won’t be getting the Dynamic Force range of engines, but rather the familiar 2.5-litre 2AR-FE four-cylinder engine, mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. Power figures are 184 PS and 235 Nm.
Standard equipment on the all-new Camry includes:
- Automatic projector LED headlights with Automatic High Beam
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 7.0-inch colour multi-information display
- 10.0-inch colour head-up display
- Power-adjustable steering wheel with memory
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- JBL 9-speaker Premium sound system (800W) with Class D amplifier
- Leather seats with driver memory function
- Pre-Collision System
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Adaptive Radar Cruise Control
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Five colours are available, including Red Mica, Platinum White Pearl Mica, Silver Metallic, Graphite Metallic, and Burning Black.
The all-new Toyota Camry is expected to carry a price tag of RM189,900, on-the-road without insurance.
Visitors to the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS) 2018 at the Malaysia International Trade Center (MITEC) will be able to check out the all-new Camry. The 2018 edition of KLIMS will happen from 23rd November to 2nd December.