Bermaz Motor Sdn Bhd has unveiled a new base variant for the 2015 Mazda CX-5 Skyactiv range, called the GL.
Priced from RM129,552k (with insurance and GST), the new Mazda CX-5 GL takes over as the base variant in the CX-5 4x2 Mid Spec. However, do bear in mind that this isn’t the facelifted CBU model we showed you recently – those are 4WD 2.5-litre variants that start from RM173k apiece.
In any case, Bermaz Motor (official distributors of Mazda vehicles here) say that stock is available right now, which is a very rare thing considering how hot the CX-5 has been since it was first launched. We've heard of waiting lists that stretch well into the six-month mark.
The pre-facelift CX-5 GL here maintains a two-wheel drive (FWD) configuration and continues to feature the company’s Skyactiv-G 2.0-litre petrol engine paired with a Skyactiv-DRIVE six-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
But if you’re thinking this base variant has been completely deprived of an exciting spec sheet, you may want to think again. The CX-5 GL is still equipped with lots of premium creature comforts (which we’ll list for you below), not forgetting the impressive SkyActiv engine, transmission and architecture.
Here’s a quick look at the standard equipment highlights.
- Radio with 6 Speakers, MP3 and Bluetooth
- Reverse Camera with TFT Colour Display Screen
- Automatic Headlamps On/Off, Front Wiper with Rain sensor
- Smart Start System (Engine Push-Start)
- Auto Cruise
- Sill plates with blue illumination (4pcs)
- Leather Steering
- Floor Mat
- Dual Exhaust Tail Pipe
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution System (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA)
- Six Airbags (Dual Front, Side, Curtain)
- 4-eye Rear parking sensor
- Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM)
- Burglar Alarm System
- Tyre Inflator
- First Aid Kit
- Full leather seat RM2,900
- Mazda Security Film RM1,900
- Sill plates with blue illumination (4pcs): RM310
If you’re looking for something a little more premium, however, do check out the Mazda CX-5 Facelift, which rolled into showrooms earlier this month.
Or check out the Mazda 6 Skyactiv Facelift that was also launched in Malaysia recently.