MINI Malaysia has officially unveiled the second generation MINI Countryman.
Available in two variants, namely MINI Cooper Countryman and MINI Cooper S Countryman. Earlier, we sampled the model prior to its local debut.
The entry-level MINI Cooper Countryman receives a 1.5-litre turbocharged 3-cylinder engine paired to a six-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. MINI says that the engine does 136 hp and 220 Nm, allowing the Countryman to hit 100 km/h from standstill in just 9.6 seconds, before reaching a top speed of 200 km/h.
As for the more powerful MINI Cooper S Countryman, this variant is motivated by a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine that churns out 192 hp and 280 Nm. An eight-speed Steptronic automatic allows the Cooper S Countryman to complete the century sprint in just 7.4 seconds. Top speed for the Cooper S variant is rated at 224 km/h.
Standard equipment for both variants include:
- MINI Driving Modes with Mid, Sport and Green
- Run flat tires
- Auto LED headlights with cornering lights
- Roof rails
- Silver colour sump guard
- Servotronic electromechanical steering
- ABS, Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC)
- Breakaway engine mounts
- Hill Hold Control
- Six airbags
- Sports leather steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Anti-dazzle rear view mirror
- Picnic Bench
- Radio MINI Visual Boost 6.5-inch infotainment system
- MINI Connected
- Rear View Camera
The MINI Cooper Countryman comes with:
- 18-inch light alloy wheels
- Cloth Firework Carbon Black upholstery
- Hazy Grey interior surfacing
- Powered Tailgate
- Chrome Line interior
Moving one level up, the MINI Cooper S Country receives these kit:
- 19-inch MINI Yours light alloy wheels
- ALL4 bodykit with Piano Black bumper elements
- MINI Yours Piano Black Illuminated interior surfacing
- Leather Cross Punch in Carbon Black upholstery
- John Cooper Works leather steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Electric seat adjustment with memory function
- Automatic Tailgate with Comfort Access
Nine colours are available, ranging from Chestnut, Island Blue, British Racing Green, Chili Red, Light White, Melting Silver, Midnight Black and Moonwalk Grey. Thunder Grey is available exclusively on the more expensive MINI Cooper S Countryman.
The MINI Cooper Countryman has a starting price of RM239,888, whilst those opting for the Cooper S variant will see a starting price of RM269,888. Both prices are OTR without insurance. With the purchase of a new MINI, the company is offering a 4 years unlimited mileage warranty with free scheduled service.