Having opened their order books for the new BR-V in March, the launch has now come full circle, with Honda Malaysia offering two variants priced as follows:
- BR-V ‘E’ Variant: RM89,900
- BR-V ‘V’ Variant: RM96,900
Quoted prices are OTR without insurance.
The facelifted model prices are marginally higher than the outgoing models, which started at RM85,800 and RM92,800 for the E and V variants respectively - possibly due to the revised customised incentives first announced in February of this year, which increased Honda vehicle prices between 5- and 9-percent depending on model.
As for the new highlights, the facelifted model offers a timely update of aesthetics and major equipment levels – listed according to variant below:
Standard equipment on the E variant includes
- New Front Grille
- New Front Bumper with Lower Bumper Garnish
- New 16-inch Dual-Tone Alloy Wheel Design
- New Shark Fin antenna
- New rear Bumper with lower bumper garnish
- Tweeter speakers
- Cargo light
- Cabin filter
- Auto air-conditioning
- Keyless entry
- Push start button
The top-spec V variant adds the following:
- 7-inch Display Audio
- Paddle Shifters
- Leather Seats with Red Finishing
- Gear Knob with Red Stitching
Elsewhere, the powertrains are the same as before – a 120 PS, 145 Nm 1.5-litre SOHC i-VTEC engine powers this compact people mover, and allows it to remain the most powerful in its segment. Power is sent to a CVT-type automatic transmission. Third-row seats are still adjustable with a 50:50 tilt and tumble split to maximize boot space, in true Honda packaging wizardry fashion.
The new BR-V is also offered with a fresh new colour dubbed Marine Purple Pearl, in addition to White Orchid Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, and Passion Red Pearl.
The BR-V is offered with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty, inclusive of free-labour service packages (up to 5 times within 100,000km/5-years).
Also, in a thoughtful nod to current times, Honda Malaysia has tied the official release of the facelifted BR-V seven-seater crossover in conjunction with two Community Relief Campaigns designed to support nationwide COVID-19 relief efforts.
The two campaigns include:
- Be Kind With BR-V: 2nd-31st June – For every BR-V sold, Honda donates a portion of proceeds to COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Honda Dealer Donation Drive: 1st-31st June – Honda customers can donate basic necessities to their nearest dealership, Honda will compile and distribute them to affected communities.
Hence, BR-V buyers are both doing good and getting a superbly practical vehicle at one go.