Facelifted Proton Persona Launched - 4 Variants, From RM 42,600Auto News
After much anticipation, Proton has finally launched the facelifted Persona today alongside the facelifted Iriz.
Offered in four variants, the prices of the facelifted Persona range are as mentioned below (on the road, excluding insurance):
- Persona Standard 1.6L Manual - RM 42,600
- Persona Standard 1.6L CVT - RM 44,600
- Persona Executive 1.6L CVT - RM 49,600
- Persona Premium 1.6L CVT - RM 54,600
As before, only one engine will be powering the entire Persona range, which is a 1.6-litre VVT mill (109 PS/150 Nm), which is paired to either a CVT-type automatic or a 5-speed manual gearbox.
On the exterior, the facelifted Persona now comes with a fresh front fascia which comprises of the 'Ethereal Bow' grille which looks similar to the one on the X70 SUV, new LED DRLs, a new rear bumper, a new rear spoiler, as well as automatic headlights.
The Proton logo in the middle of the car’s rear has also been removed, replaced by ‘Proton’ lettering which runs across the back right above the number plate.
Inside, the dashboard continues to feature a two-tone colour split, and now taking centre stage is the Geely Smart Ecosystem (GKUI) 7-inch infotainment head unit similar to the X70’s, with the “Hi Proton” voice command system, 4G and Wi-Fi connectivity, music streaming, navigation, Over-The-Air updates, and a reverse camera with dynamic guide lines.
The infotainment system in the Premium variant makes the facelifted Persona the first car in its segment to come with a built-in SIM card.
Having said that, the list of standard features (Standard 1.6L MT/ Standard 1.6L CVT) include:
- Dual airbags
- Front parking sensors
- Hill Hold Assist
- 15-inch wheels
- 510-litre boot space
- 2 speakers
- 2 USB charging ports
- Eco Drive Assist
- Shark fin antenna
- Fabric seats
- Tricot headlining
- LCD Segmented Multi-Info Display (MID)
The Executive 1.6L CVT variant gets additional features such as:
- 7-inch infotainment display
- Semi-leather seats
- 4 speakers
- Keyless entry and start with remote trunk release
- Steering wheel audio controls
- TFT LCD Multi Info display (MID)
- LED DRLs
- Reverse camera with dynamic guide lines
The range-topping Persona Premium 1.6L CVT gets even more goodies like:
- 4G & Wi-Fi Connectivity
- "Hi Proton" voice command for music, navigation, and weather
- 6 airbags
- Auto headlights
- Leather steering wheel
- Rear view mirror with clear plastic bezel
- Sporty gear lever
Proton also shared the facelifted Persona’s estimated 5-year service cost of RM 3,051, which is basically the service cost for the first five years. The brand says that it is about 32% cheaper than its key rivals.
The facelifted Proton Persona can be had in five colours - Armour Silver, Jet Grey, Rosewood Maroon, Ruby Red, and Snow White.
Similar to the facelifted Iriz, the facelifted Persona is backed by Proton's 5-year/100,000-km warranty package.
As a value-added proposition, buyers of the facelifted Proton Persona can enjoy these benefits:
- Free 2-year road tax for the first 1,000 registered units
- Free 5-year data package with 1GB month data quota (1.6L Premium only)
- Interest rates from 2.93%
- Free labour for 3 scheduled service appointments (up to 20,000 km)
- Insurance coverage package
Looking for a new Proton? Check out the best deals here.