More on the all-new Mitsubishi Xpander B-segment MPV reported this morning from the ongoing Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show 2017. Mitsubishi’s entry-level seven-seater received its official launch for the Indonesia market at the event with six variants priced between INR 189 and 245 million.
The Xpander measures 4,475 mm long by 1,750 mm wide, making it one of the biggest MPVs in its class. Only the Honda BR-V (4,456 mm by 1,735 mm) and Nissan Grand Livina (4,485 mm by 1,700 mm), whose replacement is reportedly set to be based on the Xpander, can boast comparable dimensions in both length and width.
Powering the Xpander is Mitsubishi’s 1.5-litre 4A91 four-cylinder MIVEC petrol engine with rated outputs of 104 PS and 141 Nm. Customers have a choice of pairing the engine with a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic.
A total of five trim levels are available – GLS, GLX, Exceed, Sport, and Ultimate. The lower-specced GLS and GLX are manual only, Exceed can be had in conjunction with either transmission, whilst the range-topping Sport and Ultimate comes exclusive with automatic transmission.
All variants of the Xpander in Indonesia come standard with ABS, EBD, dual frontal airbags, and ISOFIX anchors. Brake assist, hill start assist, and electronic stability control, however, are exclusive to the Sport and Ultimate variants only.
Equipment levels of the Xpander in Indonesia are as follows:
GLX M/T (INR 189,050,000)
- 185/65 R15 tyres, steel wheels
- Tilt & telescopic steering
- Fabric seats
- No audio
- Halogen headlamp, LED position lamp
- LED tail lamps
- Multi-info display – monochromic
- Electric side mirror adjust
- 12V power socket (x2)
- ABS, EBD
- Dual frontal airbags
GLS M/T (INR 208,550,000) adds:
- 185/65 R15 tyres, alloy wheels
- 2 DIN audio: AM/FM, CD, MP3, USB, AUX-IN, 4 speakers
- Front fog lamp
- Welcome light / coming home light
Exceed M/T (INR 214,550,000) and A/T (INR 224,950,000) add:
- 205/55 R16 tyres, alloy wheels
- Steering-mounted controls
- High grade fabric seats
- Seat height adjustment
- Power-folding side mirror
- 12V power socket (x3)
Sport A/T (INR 237,150,000)
- Silver bumper accents
- Chrome front grille
- Silver front foglamp bezel
- Leather-wrapped gear knob
- Colour LCD multi-info display
- Auto-folding side mirrors
- Keyless entry
- Brake assist
- Hill start assist
- Electronic stability control
Ultimate A/T (INR 245,350,000)
- Mobile phone handsfree.
- Wood dashboard trim
- 2 DIN touchscreen
- Reverse camera