Remember the updated Proton Exora which was on display during the MoU signing ceremony between Proton and Geely last month?
Proton has discreetly revealed the specifications and also the pricing on its official website, which means that the MPV is now on sale.
From what we can see on the Proton Edar website, the Exora is now offered in two variants:
- Exora Executive 1.6T Executive CVT – RM67,800
- Exora 1.6T Executive Plus CVT – RM75,800
While the Premium and Super Premium variants have been dropped, both trim levels on sale now are powered by the same 1.6-litre turbocharged Campro engine as before, producing 138 hp and 205 Nm of maximum torque. Paired to the engine is a CVT type automatic gearbox.
The updates on the new Exora revolve mainly around cosmetics actually – featuring new wheels, new Ruby Red paint, LED DRLs, and blacked out components like the roof, side-mirrors, and spoiler.
Inside, the MPV now comes with a new steering wheel similar to the Preve, a new centre-strip, and a USB port on the floor console.
While the list of standard features on the Executive variant includes:
- Halogen headlamps
- Front fog lamps
- Rear combinational tail lamps
- Glossy Black front grille
- Black front fog lamp garnish
- 16-inch wheels
- Side skirting
- Fabric seats
- Silver interior finishing
- Urethane steering wheel
- 2nd and 3rd row air conditioning
- 60:40 fold and tumble 2nd row seats
- 50:50 folding 3rd row seats
- 2-DIN Radio, with CD Player, IPOD Connectivity, MP3 & Bluetooth
- Reverse camera
- Dual airbags with ABS and EBD
- Reverse sensor
The range-topping Executive Plus variant on the other hand, gets all of the above and even more goodies like:
- Power-folding wing mirrors
- LED DRLs
- Leather seats
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Carbonado interior finishing
- Front seat armrests
- Cruise control
- Rear DVD player with a nine-inch roof-mounted screen
- Window tint
Having been around since 2009, the Exora MPV is now offered in five colour choices – Cotton White, Cocoa Grey, Ruby Red, Indian Grey, and the good ol’ Elegant Brown.