2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Launched in ThailandAuto News
Mercedes-Benz Thailand has pulled the covers off the (C292) GLC Coupe, available in two variants, powered by the firm’s 2.1-litre turbo diesel engine.
The GLC 250d 4Matic Coupe is available in two guises priced as the following:
- GLC 250d 4Matic Coupe AMG Dynamic: THB4.09 million
- GLC 250d 4Matic Coupe AMG Plus: THB4.13 million
The GLC 250d is powered by 2.1-litre common-rail twin-turbocharged and intercooled, inline-four diesel engine which produces 204hp at 3800rpm, and 500Nm between 1600 and 1800rpm. The engine is tacked to a Mercedes-Benz 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic equipped with paddle shifters.
The GLC 250d Coupe is claimed to accelerate from standstill to 100km/h in 7.6 seconds, and has a top speed of 222km/h.
In terms of variants, these are the main highlights between the two variants:
GLC 250d 4MATIC Coupe AMG Dynamic:
- Safety: six airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), ABS, Adaptive brake with hill-hold assist, attention assist, park assist and surround view camera.
- LED intelligent light system
- Adaptive high beam assist
- Powered tailgate
- AMG sports suspension
- AMG body kit
- 20-inch AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Start/stop system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Artico leather seats
- Front seats with powered adjustment and memory function
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Ambient Lighting
- Audio 20CD Multimedia system, 7-inch display, touchpad, Bluetooth
GLC 250d 4MATIC Coupe AMG Plus adds the following equipment:
- Electric sliding sunroof
- Keyless entry
- Keyless start
- AMG Sport pedals
- Heads-up display
- Sports leather seats
- Burmester surround sound system
The GLC Coupe is not available in Malaysia yet, but globally, it is pitted against the BMW X4. The BMW X4 offered here in one variant, the xDrive28i - powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine priced at RM396,800 after Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV) incentives.