Volvo Car Malaysia today announced the addition of the XC90 T5 variant to its SUV line up.
Priced at RM373,888 (on-the-road, without insurance, inclusive of excise duty and sales tax), the XC90 T5 is powered by the same 2.0-litre turbocharged engine and 8-speed automatic gearbox as the T8 variant, producing 254 hp and 350 Nm of torque.
However, the T5 doesn’t come with the supercharger and the hybrid system like the one in the XC90 T8, which explains the difference in output figures between the two models.
Other key differences are that the XC90 T5 is fitted with 19-inch alloy while the T8 gets 20-inch wheels, standard leather instead of the T8's Nappa Leather, and a more basic 10-speaker 330 W audio system compared to the T8 Inscription Plus' Bowers & Wilkins 19-speaker 1400 W premium audio system.
Capable of sprinting from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds, the XC90 T5’s fuel consumption rating stands at 7.9l/100 km (NEDC, combined cycle).
In terms of features, the XC90 T5 will maintain all the IntelliSafe systems available in the XC90 T8 Twin Engine variant, which includes City Safety with Auto Braking, and Pilot Assist, Volvo’s semi-autonomous driving system which supports the driver with steering, acceleration, and braking.
However, there are quite a few features in the T8 Inscription (RM403,888) and the T8 Inscription Plus (RM413,888) which the T5 does not get, such as:
- Active Chassis with 4-Corner Air Suspension
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Sensus Navigation
- Road Sign Information System (RSI)
- Orrefors Crystal Gear Lever with Illumination
- Nappa Leather upholstery
- Power Adjustable Side Support
- Power Folding Rear Head Restraints, 2nd Row Outer Rear Seats
- Park Assist Pilot, Parallel & Perpendicular Parking
- 360° Surround View Camera
- Inscription Nappa Leather Key Fob
- Laminated Side Windows
- Inscription Exterior Elements with Chrome Details
- Integrated Roof Rails with Bright Finish
- Dual Integrated Tailpipes
- Active Bending Lights (ABL)
- High-pressure Headlight Cleaners
- Tailored Instrument Panel
- Inscription Textile Carpets
- 4-Zone Electronic climate control (ECC)
- Third Row Air Conditioning with C-Pillar Vents
- Panoramic Sunroof
Besides the new T5 variant, the XC90 range also receives a new Maroon Brown interior upholstery option, and three new exterior colour options (Crystal White, Denim Blue, Maple Brown).
According to VCM, the decision to add a new variant to the XC90 line-up came after collecting valuable feedback from customers who wanted more trim level and powertrain choices for Volvo’s best-selling large SUV.
“As a human-centric car company, we are always developing products that suit the current needs of our customers,” said Lennart Stegland, managing director of Volvo Car Malaysia.